Honey Garlic Chicken
Delicious Meal Everyone Can Enjoy!
- 1 tsp Olive Oil Can substitute with canola oil
- 1.5 lbs Chicken Breast Cut into small cubes (about 1/2 inch)
- Salt & Pepper
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 3 cloves Garlic Add more or less for desired flavor.
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes *OPTIONAL* add more or less for desired flavor.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Lightly season the cubed chicken with salt and pepper. (Go easy because the soy sauce has plenty of sodium.)
- Add the chicken to the skillet and brown on one side, about 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze. Whisk the honey, soy sauce, garlic and red pepper flakes, if using, in a small bowl until well combined.
- Add the sauce to the pan and toss to coat the chicken pieces. Cook until chicken is cooked through, 4-5 more minutes.
- Serve with steamed rice and top with green onions, sesame seeds and a squeeze of lime juice, if desired.
Be careful not to overcook the chicken. You could substitute boneless, skinless chicken thighs in place of the chicken breasts if you prefer, but the cooking time will be longer. To make a complete meal, just add some steamed rice and a veggie.
Parmesan Crusted Carrots
Simple, Delicious way to do a carrot side dish
- 1 lb Chopped Carrots
- 1 tsp Butter
- 4 tbsp Parmesan
- Place carrots into a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in carrots; cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Wait 30 seconds before stirring into carrots. Cook and stir for 2 more minutes.
Chopped onions or garlic may also be added at the time you first put the carrots into the pan of melted butter/ margarine. Adding some type of herb like parsley or thyme will add another flavor dimension to the side dish.
Refreshing Dessert. Simple Ingredients.
- 3 cups Raspberries
- 2 tbsp Raw Honey Any honey will be fine
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Warm Water As needed
- Lay out the fresh raspberries over a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Freeze the raspberries until completely solid, which should take at least 2-3 hours. You can also leave them overnight.
- Blend until smooth.
- You may need to add a little warm water and press down with a spatula to help the process along.
- Eat immediately for a softer texture, or transfer into a freezer-safe container and freeze for 3-4 hours or until firm.
Adjust measurements according to how many servings you need. You can also try this recipe with various fresh fruit such as blueberries, blackberries, or strawberries.